Friday, October 12, 2018

Two Finished Mini Quilts

I finished up two Temecula mini quilt projects this week. If you remember from Monday's post, there were 15 blocks that were the same size and 11 blocks that were voted off the project. 
Here are the 15 blocks joined together with vertical sashing. I didn't want to quilt through the colonial ladies' heads, so went with simple vertical lines. Then I decided it needed just a bit more quilting, so I stitched around each of the 1.5" blocks. That meant 15 stops and starts, which isn't "fun" quilting, but it was worth it as the extra quilting did make the quilt look a bit nicer.

I took the quilts out for a glamour photo shoot with the lovely fall mums that are planted downtown. The photos didn't turn out as well as I had envisioned, but you get the gist!

Finished size: 16.75" x 21.5"

This little cutie was made from the deconstructed 25 patch blocks (that turned out to be too small), and the first 2 blocks that I made incorrectly. These imperfect blocks fit perfectly together!

Finished size: 6" x 12"


And while we're talking about Temecula Quilt projects, they are starting a new sewalong next week! It's called Secret Santa Sewalong and I can't wait until next Friday!


Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very nice Kathy - the mini looks so pretty laying on the flowers.

Julierose said...

Beautiful minis--i love the Autumnal colors hugs, Julierose

MissPat said...

Good solution to the too small 25 patch blocks.

Sarah said...

The finished quilt looks lovely!

Lisa J. said...

That's a whole lot of lovely in those pictures Kathy.

Kate said...

Congrats on the two fun finishes. Very ingenious to deconstruct those blocks and use them with the other blocks as borders and sashing. Now you can start the new project guilt free as you have finished the older one.

Barb said...

beautiful fall finishes and pretty photos Kathy!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great save for those wrong sized blocks.