Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Mid month UFO Report

My UFO project for September is Emerald Stars. I have been working on sewing the border pieces together and have made great progress. Here are the four borders ready to attach to the quilt top! 
As with all scrap projects, it makes me happy to look at the pieces and remember what the fabrics were originally for. For example the dark reds are mostly leftover from BeAttitudes, and Angel Solstice.
Although I wasn't sure about these colours together at the beginning, it has really grown on me.  My favourites are the dark green plaids (mostly leftovers from Always Home), but I've even come to like the bright green fabrics (leftovers from En Provence and Easy Street) and think they add a nice sparkle to the borders. 
It's very cool how the top and bottom borders (on the left) are different from, but similar to the side borders (on the right). I now have about 10 days before the end of the month to get these borders, plus an inner and outer dark border, attached to the quilt top in order to reach my UFO goal.
Linking up with Lorna and friends over at Let's Bee Social, and Cynthia and fellow scrappers over at Oh Scrap!

10 comments:

Louise said...

I'm looking forward to seeing these borders on the piece! It never occurred to me to make borders like this, with all the strips running parallel. Neat!

Nann said...

I looked up the Sapphire Stars post -- what a great design! The block corners and sashes really add dimension and spark (to mix metaphors). It will look great with your green palette.

Deanna W said...

Just like the little engine that could...you got this and will handle that deadline with grace, coffee and wine!!!

Jeanne said...

Oh, I like this border idea!

Needled Mom said...

That is going to make a great border!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'm at the same place as you are (at least on one of mine).

Janet O. said...

Clever borders. Looking forward to seeing the finish, as I am sure you are, too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's fun to read how you can track all your fabrics back to their original project! These are fun colors - looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love a scrappy border! I am looking forward to seeing how these look on your quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Kate said...

You've definitely made good progress on those borders.