Sunday, June 10, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! Our goal is to encourage you to pick up your project, put a few stitches in, take some deep breaths, and enjoy the happy feelings that will result (and the subsequent improved health)!
I finished hand quilting two more Life is Beautiful blocks last weekend and have returned to another "I Stitch Club" embroidery block this week. I like how the variegated blue thread looks on the spool. Three more designs will be sent out soon so I'd like to catch up with last month's patterns. 
Early this morning I will be returning from the airport to pick up my daughter, who is flying home from another international coral restoration work project. Depending on the flight delays I might get lots of stitching done waiting at the airport. 
Check back next week to see the progress...  or lack thereof.


What are you hand stitching today? We love to see your slow progress so link up your blog post below.



   
    An InLinkz Link-up
   

16 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a cute little spool! Have fun stitching while you wait today. Our handwork projects are perfect for just this situation.

CathieJ said...

So the question is are you hoping for flight delays or not? More stitching or more daughter time....hmmm. That spool is very pretty. I do like the variegated blue.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is such a sweet hand stitching block, a blend of sewing and gardening. I have a Red Brolly design I want to get done before the holidays this year, and hope to get started on it soon.

Ivani said...

What a sweet pattern! Hope you have some time for stitching but that the plane arrives on time and you have great time with your daughter. Happy Slow Stitching!!

Created by Kathi said...

Hope you don't have to wait long at the airport for your dd... glad she is coming home... sounds like she has important work to do protecting reefs and coral and such!
Enjoy your slow stitching... I love that spool you have marked to work on :D Thanks for the linky too! Kathi

Deb A said...

Cute little spool. Hope the flights are on time and you get that extra mom/daughter time.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Very cute spool ! :) I hope her flight's on time and not too much waiting for you !

Birthe Marie said...

What a cute little stitchery! :-)

Sandy said...

Hello and Happy Sunday. This is my first time here, so happy to link up. Found you while I was visiting Cathie's blog. Your little block takes me back to when we had wooden spools and would use the empty spools for other crafts.
Sandy's Space

Going to add you to my blog log

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I think that spool is one of my favourites! I love variegated thread too.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

No blog post today, but, I'll be stitching down the binding on the 2nd sewing machine mat I've made this week, and if I get that done quickly, then I'll be doing some stitching on my Be Attitudes block. I also need to get some pin cushion thread catchers stuffed with walnut shells and stitched closed.

Quiltminizusje said...

What a sweat stitching, very nice
Greetings chtistine

Julierose said...

For some reason i cannot add my link today...all this blog fol-der-ol is getting to me...
anyway working on my hexettes.
Love your embroideries....hugs, Julierose

Deb said...

The spool is a cute little motif, love the blue floss.

Angie in SoCal said...

Your little spool is so precious.

Miaismine said...

I love your embroidery! How I love slow stitching and the inspiration your link up offers! Thank you!