Part #1 was posted yesterday describing how I took some quilt block trimmings/garbage and turned them into little "tent" units.
This is part #2 of the finishing of the mini quilt.
The scrappy diamond blocks were sewn together randomly and because it's a mini quilt the quilting was really quick and easy...7 lines of "stitch-in-the-ditch (vertically and horizontally).
I cut the 1.5" binding strips from a 10" square of a chocolate bar print fabric and needed 5 strips to go around the quilt. The label is a 4" square folded in half and tucked into the bottom corner on the back of the quilt. I hand stitch the diagonal edge of the label and then sew the binding down on top of the sides of the label.
The finished size of "Diamonds in the Rough" is 9.75" x 10.75" (about the size of a wine glass) .
And now for the photo shoot...
Diamonds in the flower garden
Diamonds by Trout Creek
(it was windy so it could have been "Diamonds up the Creek" at any minute!
Diamonds in the field of wild lupins
(no snakes or other wild creatures were encountered during walk into field)
Isn't it interesting how the pink background fabric looks slightly different in each photo depending on the lighting and the colours around it!?!
So there you have it... a little improv quilt made from scraps.
I know how tempting those little scraps can be...I have made projects from the leftovers from a project before...often the leftovers project is done before the big project! I love your little quilt! So pretty in all the photo shoot locations!
Great little quilt, turned out really cute.
Cute, cute and cute!
That's really cute. LOVE the creek picture!
That little mini sure traveled a lot this weekend. So photogenic!!
"Up the creek" made me laugh! I completely understand the fear of having to chase a wayward, wind blown quilt during a photo shoot :)
Your mini turned out super cute and I love seeing it in so many settings!
Ny vote is for the picture of the quilt in front of the flowering bush. Pretty.
very cute! I picked some wild lupines to put in a glass of water in the camper while we traveled as they were so pretty - then I decided to lay the blossoms out on some tissue paper to dry to see if I would have any seeds - I wonder if I will have any luck planting them - I read that it can take six months to germinate which means I would need to plant them in February here!
Just fabulous, Kathy!
Such a clever design from your leftovers. And the name is perfect.
Diamonds really are a girl's best friend, when they are this cute!
It turned out so cute. It's a great bonus project.
I love this quilt, you did a great job!
Adorable! Thank you for sharing. Blessings.
Aren't you clever to turn those little cast offs into the cutest little block!
I'm in love with this one. So lovely. Congrats on your mini finish. ;^)
It's very lovely.
Very cool use of the Trash! Just call you Kathy, the dumpster diver. The pink does change colors. Almost to a salmon shade. Perfect for up a creek, lol
beautiful and lovely photo shoots! :)
How adorable! It makes me rethink all the bits in my trash :)
This was so clever. I love how it turned out. I love lupins too and envy you that they are within walking distance. We are too dry here for them to grow. I'll just admire them next to that adorable little quilt.
Very pretty! You made quick work of that little project.
Cute mug rug size. I had to find some of that chocolate fabric for my Chocolate 9 patch quilt.
Post a Comment