Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Design Wall Wednesday - Square Dance



On the design wall today are the blocks for the Square Dance mystery quilt. The final step was posted last week over at From My Carolina Home




The first task was to sew the 9 patch blocks to the "Allemande left" units. And then sew two of these pairs together into a block.
Easy peasy and quick!

And as Carole says, when you put these blocks together "this is where the magic happens". 



Yep... there you have it! It's magical! I'm not sure how big my quilt will become, and I still have many 9 patches but not many of the other blocks. I think what I did was use my magical math skills to sew enough 9 patches for the twin size and then made enough alternate blocks for the lap size. 😖
Linking up to Sew Fresh Quilts.

7 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, it looks super!! Love the colors!!

Cathy said...

It's beautiful. I love your fabric choices. Hugs.

Created by Kathi said...

I love how this mystery is turning out... maybe just make more of the alternate blocks so it finishes twin??!! I think this is a clever layout and would be fun if you have a twin bed or if you wanna have a fun quilt.. I love your colors!! Kathi

maggie fellow said...

your colors are really going to be great:)

Kate said...

What a fun mystery quilt. Your color selections worked out really well.

Janet O. said...

Wow, I really like this, Kathy!

Robin said...

This is just so delicious!!! You put the greatest fabrics together.