Tuesday, May 02, 2017

100 Blocks Magazine

I hardly ever buy quilt magazines anymore as I just don't find that I am interested in reading them or making the kinds of quilts they feature. 
However there is one magazine that I never miss - Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks. I have made many projects over the years from these magazines. A new issue is available this week and I'll be on the lookout for it. The Quilty Pleasures blog is hosting a blog hop, which they are calling a "road rally" and includes a souvenir hunt (if you have lots of time that you don't want to use for quilting).
In 2010 I made many blocks for a sampler quilt, and most of them were from the 100 blocks magazine. I wonder where those blocks are? They sure would make an awesome quilt. I'm going to search for them in the UFO closet... if you don't hear from me, you know where to look!

11 comments:

Jill said...

I, also, do not read quilt magazines like before. One reason, I think, is because I can get my quilt fix by reading the quilt blogs and browsing pinterest.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is partially the advertisements that ruin quilt magazines to me - there are so many almost every other page - and the other is that you can find all the patterns on line now and the quilts in the magazines usually are just repeats of all patterns in the past with new directions and new fabrics - rarely do you so something challenging in a magazine anymore

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's funny! I gave up Quiltmaker and don't buy your favorite 100 Block Magazines because there were too many projects (that would never make.) I favored Quilter's Newsletter. I'm SEW disappointed that it's no longer printed!! Enjoy your new magazine.

Mary said...

Yep, #15 to add to my collection. I have a few of the original blocks that I have Won and tester blocks that I made. Hope you find your blocks.

Teresa said...

I have never looked at this magazine. Are there really 100 different blocks in each magazine?

Rebecca said...

Yep...cut out magazine subscriptions several years ago. All they seemed to be doing was selling a line of fabric. I check newsstands and occasionally buy one and its usually Quiltmaker when I break down and buy one.

AnnieO said...

I'm still a fan of APQ magazine though I rarely make the project exactly as pictured. Occasionally another quilting magazine comes home with me! Go find those blocks...

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I like this one too. It is fun to see all the variety. Have fun with your hop.

Janet O. said...

I have collected just a few of these, but find I don't use them as much as I thought I would, so I am not collecting more.I only allow myself three shelves for all my quilting books and magazines. For some time now I have had to get rid of something if I wanted to acquire anything more. So I have to really love something to let it supplant something already on the shelf. : )

Janice Holton said...

Hope you don't get lost in there! Be sure to let us know if you find that pile of blocks. :) Curious minds wanna know!

Missy Shay said...

I haven't read this magazine yet.