See how I worded the title of the blog post to be positive by using the word "accomplishments"?!? I wanted to encourage myself to keep on the right track since I didn't finish as many UFO's as I have in previous years, and as I had hoped to finish this year. That is because my quilting was distracted by being part of the 2015 Scrap Squad for Quiltmaker magazine. And that meant making 6 quilts that I hadn't planned on making at the beginning of the year! Those quilts, which were great fun to create, took a lot of quilting time away from finishing the UFO's. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
This is the UFO summary for the past year:
1) Triangle Stars - no change
2) Easy Street - FINISHED! This was the 2012 Quiltville mystery and I am delighted that I tackled the machine quilting on this one myself. It measures 88" square and it was a challenge to quilt on my domestic machine.
3) Roll, Roll Cotton Boll - no progress this year
4) Polka Dot Batiks - FINISHED!
I am delighted with this finish since it was 5 years in the making! It used up a lot of old batik scraps, and I was very happy with the layout that evolved.
5) Sixties - This has never been seen on my blog before, although I don't know why. I got hung up on the layout decisions at the time. It will be on the UFO list again for next year.
6) Sweet Treats - Finished!
This was a quiltalong project from Patchwork Times in 2012. I changed the layout slightly and I am so happy with how this one turned out!
7) Log Cabin - No change. This is also a quilt that I have not shown on the blog because it is soooo old that it predates the blog!
8) Tetris - No change. A finish for next year for sure!
9) QSQA - No change. This is a Quilt Square Quilt Along from 2012. I have all the fabric ready to go for this one, and it wouldn't take long to finish it up.
10) Deckade the Halls - This was very close to being finished this year, and it will be finished by next Christmas for sure. I will write more about this quilt next week.
11) Scrappy Braid - Also FINISHED! It's a great scrappy finish that was about 15 years in the making.
12) Brown Block Sampler - No change...again.
For the past three years I have participated in the Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Melissa and Shanna. It has helped to provide me with structure and encouragement to complete more UFO's, and I am sad that it is coming to an end. Sending a big thank you to Melissa and Shanna for all their hard work, and I wish them all the best in their new adventures next year.
So now what will I do about the UFO situation? Do you have any suggestions for me for completing UFO's in 2016?
Happy New Year!