Saturday, April 05, 2014

Scrappy Saturday - Purple

It's a mess in my sewing room. I don't even want to go in there. There are purple scraps as far as the eye can see (maybe that's an exaggeration?!) 
The first week of each month is spent getting organizing for the new colour of the month over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. It's a good practice to keep, and really helps me to keep the bits and pieces organized for the various scrappy projects I have on the go.
We haven't played in the purple bin for over a year, and the scraps are out of control. It seems as fast as you clear out them out, they just multiply and fill up the bins again! 
If you were sitting at my sewing machine, and you stood up and peeked over the top of the machine, this is what you would see. I am strip piecing 1" purple and neutral scraps to make 9 patch blocks for Omigosh
So cute!
To see what how other quilters are dealing with their purple scraps, hop over to SoScrappy.

16 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I'm suppose to be sandwiching quilts, but I dumped my purple scraps, too. Almost looks like your pretty pile.

Janet O. said...

Ohhh, this is going to be my favorite month to watch you create with your scraps. Love me some purple!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't know you were making the Omigosh quilt - I think it is really neat but do not know if I will ever make it myself - I'm just involved in too many projects right now!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Those little nine patches are adorable! I love the nine patch anyway, and the thought of those little bitty ones makes me giddy! It's definitely on my bucket list!

scraphappy said...

It makes me so happy to hear about how much you enjoy playing in your scraps and sorting out the color each month. The purple Omigosh blocks are as adorable as ever.

julieQ said...

Pretty Purples!!! have fun, Kathy!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I made a mess sorting out my purple pieces, too . . . LOVE purple!!!

Kate said...

I haven't gotten to my purple scraps yet. Love all of yours. I love making quilts with purple, but they don't match anything in my house!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very nice pile of purples you have there!

Sheila said...

Great purple scraps. I'm amazed how those scraps accumulate in just one year.

Lisa said...

Isn't purple delicious. It was one of the first colours I sorted out for this project and I'm glad we have got to it. I'm getting so much more organised with my fabrics because of doing this sampler.

Mary said...

My favorite Color to sew with. It makes me HAPPY, Happy, Happy! Must be time to work on my Purple Just Takes 2 quilt again

Nell's Quilts said...

Omigosh for sure! I can't believe the finished size of those blocks! You must have miles and miles of paired purple and light fabrics stitched.

Angie said...

It's so much fun watching your Omigosh project evolve!

Bonnie said...

Your purples are great. I haven't even looked at purple yet. Maybe next week as it sure doesn't look like it will happen this week! Happy quilting.

Deb A said...

So happy purple came up this month! Love your OMG quilt progress.