I have been enjoying some machine quilting on my spring tablerunner.
Using the walking foot, I quilted straight diagonal lines on the center panel, and used the green painters tape as my guide.
It worked well, even though there are lots of starts and stops. Everything was laying flat, but I thought it needed more quilting, so I reduced the space between the lines by half.
That meant there would be twice as much quilting to do on the center panel, but I think it's worth it. I started liking it much better!
I found I could use a piece of tape to quilt 3 or 4 lines before it lost it's adhesiveness.
Next up is quilting the outside borders.