Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Finished the Countdown!




"Countdown to Christmas" is officially finished! This was a free pattern offered by Temecula Quilts back in December.

This is the UFO I wanted to finish this month and I am proud that I accomplished it even before the deadline at the end of the month - that's a first for me!








The machine quilting is very simple but effective -  just diagonal lines following the patterns in the quilt top and quilted with the walking foot. Simple. Really, anyone can do this! Here is the view of the back.



And it has even survived the photo shoot with the cute
Granddog Max. He was not
supposed to be included. I was trying to capture the sunlight streaming through the window to highlight the lines of quilting, but Max loves quilts and this is the perfect cuddle size for him (32" x 40"). Here he is showing the hanging sleeve on the back of the quilt... thanks Max, now GET OFF the quilt!


No quilt is truly "finished" without it's label.


To see more finishes, hop over to A Lovely Year of Finishes.

24 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

That quilt and your grand-dog are just too cute!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Well done!

Deb A said...

Beautiful and the quilting is perfect! Quilts are meant to have animals or kids on them for pictures! Max is adorable - so glad he likes quilts.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

turned out lovely! I keep trying to remember to make quilt labels like that and I keep forgetting about it!

Diane said...

Max has good taste in quilts! It's so pretty and he's rather adorable too.

Vicki W said...

It's a beautiful quilt!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty....

AnnieO said...

Oh, it looks bigger than that! Congrats on being an early bird :). You can't keep a granddog down!

Janet O. said...

Max is so sure this one is for him!
"Countdown" turned out even prettier than I expected. I think those lighter squares sprinkled in give it a beautiful sparkle--and I am always a fan of diagonal line quilting! : )

Gari in AL said...

This just turned out GREAT. And I love the granddog on the quilt, he is a cutie.

Dresden Quilter said...

It looks amazing! Congratulations on having it done so early.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Another great finish! Congrats!

Rebecca in AK said...

Congratulations on finishing , and early too!! Beautiful quilt! Max just loves having his picture taken!

Kindred Quilts said...

It's beautiful, Kathy... love the softness of the fabrics, and the quilting is just perfect! Obviously, Max loves it too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The quilting is perfect for this quilt.

Andee said...

What a beautiful finish! I made a few of the stars and first few clues then moved on and used them elsewhere, but I can see I should have stuck with it!

Unknown said...

What kind of marker do you use to mark your quilts? I am thinking I should do this, but haven't started yet.

margaret said...

how I chuckled at you comment that the machine quilting is so very easy Easy my foot I can`t get lines straight like yours!

swooze said...

I really love this quilt. Great job finishing it up!

Miriam said...

Congratulations on finishing!! I love your quilting idea.
Mine is still just a top.

Missy Shay said...

Your quilt turned out great!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! It turned out beautifully.

Wendy said...

such a lovely quilt, congratulations on reaching your goal. I thought at first it was a huge quilt, but when you said it was small, I realised how tiny the piecing must be!