Friday, April 22, 2011
Indian Orange Peel (IOP) Update
At the Indian Orange Peel class in March, I finished 1 block, which I worked on all afternoon. I re-sewed the corners so many times that the fabric was fraying, and it's all batik! Since then, my blocks have been sitting on my design wall....just sitting, taunting me.
I have changed the arc placements a thousand times and am not feeling any more settled with the arrangement than when I started. I have spent more time with the layout on this quilt than any other in 20 years of quiltmaking!
Last week I got some great tips from other quilters about how to stop procrastinating my Indian Orange Peel project. I could feel it inching closer to the very crowded UFO closet!
In her comment on that blog post, Judy said she really wanted me to make 1 block just to show her, so I did! It didn't make me cry like the first one did and my 28 points on the curves turned out okay! I only resewed 2 of the corners, and 1 of the corners still has a little pleat/pocket (at the place where my stork scissors are pointing) but I'm not doing it over again, because that is when the crying might start :)
2 blocks done, 23 to go!