Monday, April 11, 2011

Design Wall Monday #15

On Friday night I attended the "Ladies of the Evening" class at Reichard's. I just love this class...you enjoy a potluck supper and conversation with other quilters, and then our teacher Deb Beirnes gives you a wonderful project to sew. She does all the work - she picks the project and the fabrics, she does all the math and gets any tools you need, AND she cuts and organizes all your pieces!
Here is my package of goodies waiting for me!
What more could a quilter ask for at the end of a long week...all you have to do is sit down and sew and enjoy yourself!
So this is on my design wall today. Just have to add the borders, then quilt and bind. It is a tabletopper size and the blocks are 6" finished.
Deb taught us a new method to make the Hunter Star blocks using the Rapid Fire Hunter's Star ruler by Deb Tucker...it was a quick and fun method.
To see other design walls click here to hop over to Judy's blog.

16 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow that is quite a commitment on the teacher's part. Is it outrageously expensive? Do you end up owning the tools she picks? I love the other ruler's Deb Tucker has come up with. And the Hunter's Star is such a neat pattern. Sounds like you had a great time and got a lot done. B.

Diane said...

I have the same ruler and love it! I don't think you can make an ugly Hunter's Star quilt. I don't usually make a quilt more than once but I can see me making this one many times. Did you like the ruler and the instructions?

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I would have to charge a lot to do that, but I would! LOL.

A great teacher and a beautiful quilt!

glen

Kate said...

Oh my goodness - as someone who is struggling with my Hunter's Star math right now, I want your teacher! How nice to just sew the pieces together without trying to determine what I still need. It's also pretty neat to see a two color one - mine's scrappy and I don't think the stars are as well-defined.

Thelma said...

I want to be a Lady of the Evening, what a great deal. You show up and eat and sew, no worries no fuss? That's my kind of night!

Chris said...

That sounds like a perfect evening. What a great way to have a sewing night out.

Ellen said...

Seriously - I wish I lived closer so I could attend!

Amy said...

Oooo.....two color quilts! Wow....I can't imagine all the prep work that was done before you arrived....whew!

Mary said...

That's the kind of Lady of the evening I'd like to be too! Very pretty!

Becky said...

Ladies of the Evening - Perfect name! Your Hunter's Star project is wonderful! Deb Tucker makes wonderful rulers.

Quilty Conscience said...

Love your Hunters Star! I'll have to go take a look at Deb Tuckers rulers...based on all the positives here. Toni

Kate said...

Great quilt! Sounds like a great way to start a project.

Mary Johnson said...

That does sound like a lot of work on the part of the teacher. Are all the quilts the same? That would help I guess. I know cutting scrappy quilts takes so long because of handling all the different fabrics....and one thing I love about my GO is that I get through the cutting and get to the piecing part faster. The quilt is looking great.

Debbie said...

What a great event...and what a great take home treat! I'm going to check out the rulers.

LuAnn said...

I love your quilt, and it sounds like a fun quilty evening, too.

Diana LaMarre said...

I love the Ladies of the Evening name! What fun.