Last month I found a box hidden deep in a closet containing 12" blocks which were made in a Canadian Round Robin in 2001. I put the blocks up on the design wall and was determined to do something with them...9 years is long enough to steep! (A side note...I have no idea why I became so determined about this particular project and why it jumped the queue of my other UFO's waiting for attention???!!!)
I fixed the 2 things I didn't like about the developing quilt and machine quilted with an all over free motion swirly design, using up odds and ends of old thread. I had no thread breakage at all in spite of quilting at top speeds, so I guess the Magic Bobbin Washers were a good investment! I had a couple of little "fold overs", which I don't like, that I had to unstitch and re-quilt, and that usually happens when I am quilting too fast.
This photo shows the quilt from the back. I used up the remaining fabric that I cut the binding for this quilt from.
And here is the finished quilt! I don't love it, but I do love that it is FINISHED and hope that some little girl will enjoy finding the little fairies hiding in these blocks.