Saturday, August 15, 2009

Relaxing Saturday

It's a beautiful sunny, hot summer day here and I am relaxing, staying cool, doing some beading and watching some of the PGA golf tournament. I am also drinking some Cosmopolitans...lots of fruit juice, and a few frozen blueberries to keep my drinks cool.
I had to add some commercial fabric to my painted piece to make it large enough to cover the pillow form that I found in my cupboard.
I sewed a crystal bead in the centre of each sun-printed flower and then stitched some tiny gold beads around each crystal. Now I'm wondering if I want to add some gold tassels of some sort on the corners. I'll think about it while I get myself another drink!

9 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

The pillow is very cute! I love the quilting and beading.

SharonZ said...

Your pillow is gorgeous! I wish I was as talented as you are.

Quirky said...

What a perfect day! And the pillow is beautiful!

Gina said...

What a wonderful pillow. I'd say yes to the tassels as it would add to the luxurious look of it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sweet P said...

Gorgeous pillow! I'm still can't believe Tiger lost. I bet he can't believe it either.

Greenmare said...

totally gorgeous!!!! I really love love love that fabric you did! I can see a whole quilt out of that. so fresh looking and summery cool- if that makes sense?

Karen said...

You do very nice work when you are drinking! LOL

Tanya said...

Just beautiful! (Your drink looks good too!)

Lynn E said...

Love the pillow. What is sun printing , I haven't heard of that???