I am still quilting every day on my DD and starting to feel a little excited about approaching the binding stage...almost to the end of the marathon! I used a variation of the design that I quilted on the 9 patch blocks (see the 9 patch here) in each of the 18 setting triangles and the 4 corner setting triangles. Each step of this quilting has been quite labour intensive and I needed an easy and fun project to break up this quilting, so I worked on a quick gift for a friend.
I painted this fabric using the Setacolor paints, which I love but are getting harder to find to purchase. I used foam flowers on the right side and set it outside to sunprint while it dries. The gold highlights don't show up well in the photos, but I was very happy with how it turned out.
Then I sandwiched it with a piece of warm and natural batting and outlined stitched the 11 flowers, then did some swirly curly stitching. It was fun fun fun..just what the quilting Dr. ordered for
a quilting "pick me up"! Here is how it looks on the back. Now I think I'll do a little beading and finish it up.