The colours do remind me of spring with all the different greens that I would never ordinarily put together in a quilt, but it seems to work for Mother Nature!
So, I started cutting and sewing the blocks together, hoping for the best! My first block was like a little bowl, so I started checking the angles after each seam and shaving off bits as I went along and it worked much better. You wouldn't think that these tiny shavings would be so important, but they sure made a big difference in getting my blocks to lay flat!
And then, of course, I made the usual piecing errors and sewed a few pieces together that didn't go together. It's always a reminder to pay closer attention to what I am doing!
Here are my pieced blocks lined up for pressing...I thought they looked so cool lined up like that!
Anyway, I am enjoying sewing the blocks together and am already planning to make another Kaleidoscope - in miniature of course!
The seam matching has been a challenge, but I am satisfied with the first few blocks, so I'll keep on going!
To view the quilt in it's proper colours and/or to download the free pattern - click here.