Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Anniversary celebration

We are back from a wonderful relaxing visit at a country inn, celebrating our 25th anniversary. This is the view from our room and you can see my husband sitting on the bench enjoying the refreshing spring weather. 
Of course I brought my sewing machine along, just in case! 
I set it up on a card table right in front of the patio door of our room, so I could sew while I enjoyed the scenery. Am I a lucky woman or what??! My husband just rolls his eyes and pretends to be annoyed when I start dragging in the sewing machine, but I think that secretly he really enjoys reading while I am sewing. 
I finished piecing the John Flynn "Wheel of Mystery" quilt top and in spite of all the trouble I had at the beginning of piecing these blocks, the rows actually came together fairly well. 
In fact, the top went together so quickly, I even had time to go shopping at the local quilt store for a border fabric, and start a new project...does life get any better than that?

8 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, 25 years!! Looks like a wonderful place.

Jean said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Diana LaMarre said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful anniversary trip. Happy 25th. My 20th was Wednesday.

Libby said...

Sounds like a wonderful anniversary get-a-way *s*

Sølvis blog said...

Life sounds wonderful - as does your DH.
Love the color-combination you have used in your quilt.

swooze said...

Happy Anniversary. Your quilt is gorgeous.

Jeanne said...

Sorry I missed your anniversary! I hope it was as special as you are. I'm sending wishes for many more happy years together.

Tanya said...

Beautiful, beautiful Wheel of Mystery! I love the oranges and purples!!