Friday, May 18, 2007

Tesselating Stars

I have been so busy this week that I haven't had much time for quilting. However I have
organized some hand work projects to take along to all the outdoor activities I will be forced to do this weekend!!! I have an embroidery pattern to work on, which I am looking forward to since I haven't done this type of stitching in a long time.
If you are interested in making a tesselating star quilt in a lap size, I am teaching this class at Reichards on May 31st. I promise not to copy the layout design in reverse!! ( See this post for details on that mistake!)
The quilt on the right is the full size quilt that I made for my one of my nephews. It has a 12" star block. The quilt on the left is the miniature size block, which you could also make in this class on May 31st if you want to, and it has a 3" star block. This design is by Cindy Thury Smith and I have her permission to teach this class. It is the perfect project for using up scraps! If you want to join us for a fun day of turning your scraps into a great quilt, call Leslie at Reichards to register and get the supply list.