Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Treadling on Tuesday - Max the Treadle Dog

Yesterday I auditioned some scrap strips on my design wall, and here are my newest strips of treadled scraps. They are just sitting on the cutting board waiting to get trimmed up.  I think I need more yellow to throw in there to brighten them up a bit...they are getting a little on the dark side.
I sure am enjoying my treadle project, but it is very challenging to treadle when little Max is around.


My Granddog Max has finished his puppy training course, and he thinks he's pretty smart. But he's definitely not smart enough to learn to treadle! He is fascinated by the treadle and loves to get right in there to see how everything works!



Max - you are not helping at all. Get out of there you crazy treadling dog! 
I should try to get him on video... he could be a Youtube sensation with quilters!

14 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Obviously, Max wants to make himself a quilt!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Maybe Max can treadle when you're busy doing something else? ;-)

Deanna W said...

Maybe this is his way of saying "make me a quilt"!!! He is a sweetheart!

Created by Kathi said...

How cute Max is trying to treadle.. you should get that grinch pic with the dog treadling for your blog! Very cute stuff for sure :) Thanks for sharing and good luck getting your treadle to yourself again! lol Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pets get into everything at times don't they!

julieQ said...

You know I am just in love with those scrappy wonderful strips!! And they are even more special, because you treadles them!

Janet O. said...

As I was working on a scrap project last night I was looking for more yellows and realized it is a color I am really lacking. Have lots of golds and cheddars, but so few yellows. Why is that?
Didn't Max's puppy training include treadling or did he just not pass that course? : )

Nell's Quilts said...

If only that treadle was a little wider so he could ride as you treadled. Yellow would definitely spark some of the strips. Isn't it amazing how at times we just don't use a colour and have no appropriate strips. I know I have a lot of blue and green but not very much yellow, orange or red.

Rebecca in AK said...

Love your scrappy strips. So fun to just sew and not have to precise about matching seams and not lopping off points! Max is adorable!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My dog has beds under two different sewing machine cabinets, but, she is smart enough to not get too close to the treadles. Now, if you can figure out how to make some 'dog powered' blocks instead of 'people powered' blocks....

Quilting Nonnie said...

Hmmm...I've been wanting a treadle for my vintage machine collection. Now I'm wondering what my very mischievous and curious cat would do when I treadled! Have a great time treadling around the dog!

Wehago designs said...

Love it, Max is so good! We all need helpers

margaret said...

maybe you can train Max to work the treadle for you! Love scraps I am slowly building up a collection being new to quilting it will take a while.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

yes you should! :)