Sunday, September 01, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the first September hand stitching party!  It's time to slow down and find one of your projects to stitch.

I'm making headway on my knitted dishcloth. I think I've got the "bee" stitch figured out now.  And I am enjoying this yarn so much that I bought a much bigger ball of it. 

Another little cross stitch project has also been finished. This is "Summer Sucks" by The Witchy Stitcher. I enjoyed this project so much I couldn't put it down! I do hope those hot humid days of summer are done and that September brings us cooler more comfortable weather to enjoy.

I am gathering some new threads to start a sampler for "Sampler September". Isn't this collection of DMC floss so pretty? The pattern is called the Garden Cherry Sampler and I would like it to be my next new start. I can't seem to figure out what fabric to stitch it on because there are a few light colours that won't show up well on a light background fabric. This is my first floss conversion from Weeks Dye Works recommended threads to DMC, so maybe I didn't get all the colours correct? 

And lastly I am still working on the binding of the quilt I wrote about last week. I am "lollygagging and dillydallying" as my friend Barb would say!


What are you stitching this week? Are you being productive, or are you lollygagging? Dillydallying?
Link up your blog post below and share your slow progress with us.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like the color of the yarn too, happy stitching!

The Cozy Quilter said...

We are all experts in Dillydallying at the Slow Sunday Stitching group! The flecks of colour in your yarn make a pretty dishcloth. There is a store in London that carries every colour of linen and Aida cloth for cross stitching. It might be worth the trip to see if you can find a suitable background colour for your sampler. The store is called Stitch it Central.

Jill said...

Bee stitch looks great made with lovely soft yarn.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your "Summer Sucks" design is a hoot! I love summer, but still hope September is a bit cooler. Thanks for mentioning that it is Sampler September, too - it's great to have a reason for a new start. That one you're choosing is gorgeous! Enjoy your stitching today!

Chantal said...

I love "Summer Sucks" because I am part of that group. It is not my favourite season. The Witchy Stitcher did a great design.
Garden Cherry might look good on a bluish background. From the colours on my monitor, there seems to be a lot of beige and they always get along with blue. Just saying.
I am dilly dallying and lollygagging. I should get back to the Ohio Star Shadow and finish it already. Now that the cooler days are here I am more tempted to work on it. Enjoy that beautiful cotton yarn. ;^)

Kate said...

Your "Summer Sucks" stitchery is really cute (and very accurate!). Happy slow stitching this week.

CathieJ said...

What a great variety of projects. You may have to do a little floss tweaking as you go. That usually happens to me when I try to substitute for Weeks Dye Works flosses.

Rebecca Grace said...

Lollygagging and dillydallying, indeed -- guilty as charged over here! I think your projects are all beautiful and look like lots of fun for you! I agree with Cathie that you may just need to grab a few "alternate" floss colors in slightly lighter or darker shades, depending on which fabric you want to use.