Sunday, December 17, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party!

If you are feeling like you have no time for relaxation this weekend, I understand completely! And yet, it's so important to make time to slow down, to breathe deeply, and to reset with some relaxing hand stitching. 

First up today I would like to show you my favourite ornament this year. This is a gift that a friend made for me -  a fox made from a dried orange. Here are the instructions if you would like to make some yourself. And it smells quite yummy hanging on the tree. So fun!

I have been enjoying stitching the Little Quaker Christmas pattern by Susan Ache (free pattern at Fat Quarter Shop) in small amounts of time. I haven't made a lot of progress, but many of the holiday parties are done now, and hopefully there will be more time this week to stitch while watching some Christmas movies. 

I have also been spreading Christmas cheer and visiting friends and relatives.🎄 I really missed this during the lonely days of covid lockdowns so maybe I am making up for lost time this year? This is a photo with my Dad - we enjoy being together at any time of the year, but especially at Christmas.

What are your plans for today? Will you be enjoying some time with needles and threads? Link up your blog post below and share your projects with us. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

You are fortunate to still have your father to celebrate with you! Enjoy your celebrations!

Kate said...

The fox ornament is really cute. Hope you are able to watch a few movies, stitch a bit and just enjoy the season. Hard to believe that Christmas Eve is just a week away!

CathieJ said...

I don't think I will make the fox, which is adorable, but I am going to dry some oranges today. I like the little cross-stitch. Enjoy your festivities.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The little design from your Quaker Christmas project is really sweet! Fun photo with your dad, too. Have a wonderful day, Kathy - hope it includes some slow stitching!

Angela said...

The fox ornament is adorable! Great that you can spend time with your Dad!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I dried orange slices one year for the tree and forgot all about them this year

Deanna W said...

Coffee, baileys and me with some knitting to finish

Jill said...

Coincidence, I've been visiitng people that I haven't seen in awhile as well. Today final stitches on a last-minute gift.