Sunday, April 09, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Easter and Happy Slow Sunday Stitching!

I saw this sweet picture on Jocelyn's blog a few years ago and thought I'd post it today because it makes me smile to think of the Easter bunnies (or are they mice?) joining us for hand stitching! The bunnies also remind me of precious memories of when my Dad used to read to us at bedtime when we were kids. He read many Beatrix Potter books with wonderful stories of the adventures of woodland creatures.

I have finally spotted some robins - real ones in my neighbourhood, and one that I hand stitched. This pattern is by Tammy Black and is the perfect spring stitch. I am loving it! Next up to stitch will be the bird's nest on the left and the word "Messenger" at the bottom.

I do love visiting your blogs and seeing your wonderful projects - even though I am not leaving many comments lately due to resting my sore hand (so I can stitch a little). Just know I am admiring your work and cheering you on! 

David Artz
David Artz painting

I hope you will link up your photo, instagram or blog post below and share your hand stitching projects with us.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

Kim said...

I love the sweet stories and illustrations of Beatrix Potter's tales of Peter Rabbit. Children the world over have enjoyed them for generations. How nice the robins are showing up in your neighbourhood. Your spring robin cross stitch is looking lovely. Take care with your hand. I hope it won't be too long till you can enjoy longer periods of hand stitching. Enjoy your Easter Sunday.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy Easter ! Your spring robin picture is coming along nicely. A perfect project for this time of year! I’ve started a new picture but it doesn’t look like much yet. Glad to hear that the robins have made an appearance in your neighbourhood. It is supposed to be quite warm this week and my daffodils are ready to pop open. I’m ready for spring!!! Thanks again for hosting all of us

Kate said...

Happy Easter Kathy! Hope you hand is well enough to get some restful hand stitching in today. That robin stitchery is really cute.

Ivani said...

Those bunnies are so cute as can be, just perfect for a Slow Easter Stitching. The Robin Messenger cross stitch project announcement is comming along nicely. Happy Easter, Katy and take care.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your robin looks great! I have a Kathy Schmitz embroidered robin to stitch, too, although he's sidelined for my gardening Easter bunny today. Glad you're resting your thumb for more stitching time - hope it gets better a little each day!

CathieJ said...

I love the stitching bunnies. Spring's Messenger is really progressing despite your sore hand. I find that I can type with a brace so I use that when my hand is bothering me, but I do limit my computer time. I hope your hand is starting to feel a little better. Happy Easter!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy Easter!

Angela said...

Oh, thank you for posting that wonderful picture of the bunnies stitching! Adorable! Happy Easter

Chantal said...

I love the picture of mice too. We have had robins in the yard for a week or so now. I'm still waiting to hear the Canada Geese pass overhead. I believe that when they show up, it means that spring has the upper hand over winter.
Rest your hand. That's what Sundays are for. Take care and enjoy the celebration. ;^)

Karrin Hurd said...

Happy Easter, and hope your hand feels better soon!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a darling illustration of the mice. Gorgeous stitch that you are working on. I hope you had lovely Easter, Kathy

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

How kind to give a mention and how I love that photo of Beatrice's. I think I called them bunnies and someone pointed out to me there are tails there! But in fairness, her bunnies and mice looked similar. Just love that spring design, perfect slow stitching for these days.Yes, rest that hand and coddle it as much as you can!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, I saw my first robin in my back yard today. Always a wonderful sight! Sorry I keep missing your party but this time I had nothing to report, even from Instagram. Oh well, soon I'm sure! Have a great week.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I watched a movie about the life of Beatrix Potter a few weeks ago (Rene Zellwegner). Great books.