Monday, April 10, 2023

Design Wall Monday

The disappearing pinwheel pattern has captured my attention *squirrel*!


I made my first block in December of 2020 and started making more blocks in March. My design wall has 3 finished blocks,  6 squares of light and dark fabrics sewn together around the perimeter and ready to become pinwheels,  2 pinwheels ready to "disappear", and 6 squares that have no light square to partner with yet. So fun!


What kinds of squirrels are running around in your sewing room today?

Linking up to Judy's design wall linky party

6 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

love your disappearing project on your design wall. I was thinking about making disappearing pinwheel blocks for RSC2024...

Sara said...

These blocks are looking so pretty. I've banished the squirrels for a couple of days while I focus on a couple of things that really need to become finished tops. Then I'll allow a squirrel or two or three to distract me again.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, I love those disappearing pinwheel blocks. So cute!

Deanna W said...

Catching up on my blog reading. I have to say I have not been a very good blog stalker of late. Maple syrup season has been very busy around here. It has kept me from my sewing room. This weekend will be the end and I can look forward to more time sewing and quilting. I am sad to hear that you hand pain is still on-going. Hope it gets better for you.

Janet O. said...

Those are very fun looking blocks.
I think the "No New Starts" sign on my sewing room door has scared away the squirrels. Not that I don't see them now and then, but the only one I have let in these past 6 months was for Lori's (Humble Quilts) doll quilt swap. Still have to bind that one and send it off.

Kate said...

That's a fun block! Looking forward to seeing this one come together.