Saturday, April 22, 2023

Sewcialites 2

The Fat Quarter Shop posted the last Sewcialites  block pattern this week. I am sad that this project is finishing since it was so fun to see these patterns as they were posted and dream of sewing them in different colours. I am only about half way through the patterns, so I will continue to sew the blocks in the Rainbow Scrap Colours each month until I have made them all. 

This is block #14 called Enchant - pattern by April Rosenthal (a churn dash variation). It was fun to pull the fabric scraps and easy to sew. In the centre I put a fussy cut square taken from my border fabric (Dragonfly Lagoon).

And then it was back to sewing the harder block #13 called Innovate - pattern by Doug Leko

I decided to challenge myself by changing the colouring a bit and use 2 prints instead of 3. Why do I let my creative brain do this to me?!?

I did all the cutting last night, but made a few errors apparently. While I was sewing the block this morning I had to keep cutting more squares, mostly of the light purple.


Here is the finished 6" block with 36 pieces. And all the squares that were left over! LOL

Anyway I love how it turned out and it was a good workout for my brain!

Here are my blocks on the design wall.



I love the 2 new purple blocks added!

Click here to see the layout that was just posted for these blocks... it is so pretty!

Linking to the Scrappy party at Angela's and Judy's Design Wall Monday





Happy Earth Day!

9 comments:

Deb A said...

What a pretty but challenging block! Love that last one you finished this morning.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are neat blocks! I love the fussy cut center of Enchant. And the star block is amazing - I can picture a whole quilt of those!

Janet O. said...

The churn dash block looks so pretty with that colorful center, but that second block (Innovate) looks challenging and intriguing.
That is a really clever layout. Are you going to follow it exactly, or will your creative brain pull a fast one on you again? ;)

Sara said...

I really like the color changes you've done with your Sewcialites blocks. They are so pretty, and will reflect the whole rainbow.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love the block and the purple fabric! Hugs

Bonnie said...

Kudos on making Doug's block. Wowzer - 36 pieces in a 6" block. Amazing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on your PURPLE blocks, Kathy!!

Preeti said...

That is a fantastic sampler and I love how it is coming along. Your purple blocks are beautiful!

grammajudyb said...

Both your purple blocks are lovely. I have to number or label my pieces too! If I don’t! Disaster! Or at least more cutting. I’m late this week, commenting. But you go girl! I’ll be watching for more blocks tomorrow on Angela’s last Saturday post for April!