Sunday, April 23, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly celebration of the art of slowly stitching by hand! We encourage you to slow down, breathe deeply, and take a few stitches in your current project. And we hope you enjoy seeing the  creations of hand stitching gurus from around the world that share with us in the links below.



I have been slowly stitching Melisa's Spring cross stitch.  All the called for threads have been gathered, and there were only 2 floss colours that I needed to purchase.






I finished stitching most of the heading and one border for the top right stamp. 
I was so excited to stitch a bird that I jumped right into the header bird design without counting properly. UGH! I don't know just how it happened to turn out unlike the chart, but this bird needs some reconstructive surgery somewhere! I gave up on that bird and started a new one!




This blue bird went much better and is so cute! I stitched some grass for her to stand on, and today I will start stitching a tree for her to enjoy. 
You can see Melisa's project here with links to all 9 of the bird stamp designs. 

What are you slow stitching today? Link up your photo, instagram, or blogpost below and share your progress with us.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

17 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your spring cross stitch is very cute, even if one bird went astray! I hope your hand is improving.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Indeed a cute bluebird. I have nothing going right now in handwork. Spring is busy with club activities so I haven't had a project to do.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I had to start another one of the individual Spring designs from Melisa - should have just done the whole thing! They're so cute. I hope your first bird is easy to fix - the second one looks perfect! Happy stitching today, Kathy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will continue to do my hexies - they take up all my hand piecing time and perfect with my girls in and out of the house this week

CathieJ said...

I hate when I miscount my stitches like you did on the first bird. Looks like you have to frog the dark blue and some of the lighter blue. I can see the mistake on the 5th row from the bottom of the lighter blue. :( Your second bird is cute and you already finished SPRING! Enjoy your stitching!

Angela said...

Oh, darn. That is exactly why I don't do cross stitch. I would always be messing up the pattern.

Nina Marie said...

I was such a huge cross stitcher throughout the 70's and 80's. BUT LORDY did I hate miscounted stitches. I find quilting a bit more forgiving. At least now they have programs that help you do original stitch projects if you want! I really love this link up where everyone realizes that you might just get a bit done on a big project each week! thank you hosting!

Linda said...

It's is a dull chilly day here so that will give me time to find a new stitching pattern as I finished my pillowcases. Your new cross still will be lovely.

Ivani said...

Sweet little bue bird.
I sent you an email.
Have a great Sunday!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

that new cross stitch will be cute. Jut move the top three rows two stitches left. Looks like you may have counted wrong from the arch. I always check both horizontal and vertical. The topknot of the bird should be directly above the left side of the lettering section below.

Good luck with the frogging, at least it's not much.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I miscount in every project at some point. Once I couldn't figure out where I'd gone wrong and a kind reader enlarged my photo and found the mistake...that was amazing for me. But I also move on to another motif if I've boo booed. Don't want to end a session with a grrr. Your stitching is lovely which leads me to your hand...improving I hope.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so exciting to see your progress, Kathy. I had to laugh when you said the bird needed reconstructive surgery. I had a birdie or two that had the same experience. Your stitch is looking beautiful. I hope you enjoy your Sunday stitch and thank you from the bottom of my heart for stitching along and the sweetest shout out.

Karrin Hurd said...

That's why I don't do cross stich either. I get off track too easily. Your blue bird is cute!

Miaismine said...

Don’t you just love shopping your stash? Your sweet birds looks like a crowing rooster ready to start its day – Love it!
I hope your hands are doing better!

ButterZ said...

Love seeing your hand work.
Now we are heading into colder weather I must get out my hand quilting project so I can sit with you on sundays

Kate said...

It's always so exciting to start a new project. Hope you hand is still healing and it's getting easier to stitch.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, your second bird is lovely. How do you fix that first one? It must involve a lot of unstitching - ouch! Good luck and have a great week!