Sunday, September 11, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly practice of relaxing with some hand stitching! We encourage you to join us... all you have to do is take a deep breath, find your hand stitching project and put in some stitches. Easy peasy!


I am excited to share a stitching accomplishment with you - the Serenity Prayer has received it's last embroidery stitch!

It was a true delight to hand stitch this printed design by JD Needle Art. I feel a little lost now that it's finished. I don't know what to do with it. Frame it to be a wallhanging? Make it into a bag? Is it a part of a quilt? I don't know what it is! It was intended to be a meditative hand embroidery project and it has served it's purpose as such, but now what?! Do you have any ideas for what I should do with it now?


My daughter has also finished her embroidery project. I am so thrilled that she has enjoyed some Slow Sunday Stitching days with me over the summer. I never thought she would be interested in this hobby, but she has been slowly enticed into it over time. She even enjoys it now, which makes me ridiculously happy!


She received this project/kit as a Christmas gift, and has completed all the stitching, learning a few new stitches as she went along. 

So now we both have to start new projects and are looking for ideas - any suggestions?!?

We hope to see you are stitching today. The linky party is below and we hope you will join us!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

16 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Congrats to both of you for finishing your last stitches on your projects. It's so exciting that you can stitch together. I think yours would look great framed in a stand-up picture frame (if it's the right size.) I especially love the butterfly and flowers.

Ivani said...

Oh Kathy it is a lovely embroydery project.
I have several embroideries in this situation, they were finished, I love them but I haven't decided what to make with them...
Well, whatever you decide to do, it will be beautiful.
Your sister did a wonderful embroidery.
Happy stitching!!

ButterZ said...

So good to enjoy your daughter stitching with you. She has done a great job with her stitches. I have spent the day doing out quilt group newsletter. It’s now ready to send out to our members.

Created by Kathi said...

Lovely art piece by your daughter and congrats on finishing your piece too... how fun!
I should have a finish this coming week too!

Kathi

Linda said...

Both are lovely projects, well done to both of you.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Serenity Prayer is lovely all stitched up! I have more than one embroidery that isn't fully finished because I don't know what it's going to be. It will come to you! Love the photo of your daughter, her pup, and her embroidery. I bet it was lots of fun to stitch with her this summer! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Dotti in CT said...

It is beautiful and the Serenity Prayer deserves to be seen. So I opt for simple but beautiful frame to display it. Dotti in CT

Angela said...

Congrats on your finish! It is a beautiful piece. Personally, I love the idea of including it in a quilt but the other options are also good. So great that your daughter enjoys stitching too!

Chris said...

I love your meditative stitchery. You could give it to me if you don't know what to do with it. But then, I would have the same conundrum. What would I do with it?

Birthe Marie said...

Congrats to you and your daughter on the finished embroideries. So nice that you can sit and embroider together.

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations on both of your beautiful finishes! I think I would frame yours.

Michelle said...

Congrats on your Serenity Prayer finish! And your daughter’s embroidery work is just beautiful! Cute puppy too! As our days have cooled I’ve been spending more time in the garden, so I have nothing to share this week.

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Congrats on both finishes! I vote for a frame finish for the prayer and a either a hoop, wall hanging or pillow finish for the flowers, since it has those very textured areas. I am collecting the small Victoria Sampler ornaments for a wall quilt. Since there is cutwork, beads and charms, it will have to be a wall hanging.

CathieJ said...

Both of those embroidery projects are beautiful. Your prayer would be great either framed or part of a pretty quilt. It could be a wallhanging or part of a larger quilt with other embroidered pieces included. I am so glad your daughter enjoyed stitching with you.
Have a great week.

dianne said...

my daughter and i stitch together, too, and it is AWESOME!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How cool to slow stitch together!!!
Make it into a wall hanging and place it in the hectic part of your home?