Thursday, September 01, 2022

It's Fall Fair Season

It's a busy time of year for folks who participate in fall fair season. I am preparing quilts, and completing entry forms to enter some of my own quilts, and also judging at several fall fairs this year. It's so exciting that covid numbers are down enough (so far) that we can enjoy the fairs this year.


I enjoyed judging at the Paris Fall Fair today and saw some amazing and unique quilts. I love to be amazed by seeing patterns and exquisite work done by talented people. I had a smile on my face all day!


A huge thank you to the volunteers who organize the entries and assist the judges with measuring and laying out the quilts, which makes the process run smoothly. 

No wonder my back is sore from bending over to examine the stitches up close! It was challenging to chose the prize winners when there are so many treasures in each category. For the first time ever, the 3 quilts I had selected from which to chose the prize winning quilt, were all made by the same talented quilter!

Are you entering, attending or judging any fall fairs this year?

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Quilts shows are always fun to visit. It must be a privilege to be asked to be a quilt judge! I'm sure most of us don't really know the time spent behind the scenes, all those hours judging, hanging them up. I always like to see display rooms with various quilts displayed just so.
Best of luck with your own quilt entries too.

Janet O. said...

I used to volunteer at our local fair and help the judges, as you described--also attaching the ribbons and recording the awards in the fair book. Last year I was asked to be a judge, but they give no training, and very little criteria. It was frustration as a volunteer to observe the arbitrary nature of the judging. I didn't think I could handle being a judge under those conditions. I wish we had judges like you!
I neither entered or volunteered this year. I didn't even attend, even though the fair is just 4 miles down the road from me.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

How wonderful to get to enjoy the quilts up close. I am sure you found much inspiration.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How interesting to see you judging! I do enter our local fair, this year 22 entries in not only quilting, but also crafts, clothing, photography and cooking.

Deanna W said...

Well you saw all my entries while you were visiting! You have had a busy week after getting back home.