Monday, July 19, 2021

Design Wall Monday

We are into step #3 of the summer mystery that my local guild is running. Here is my recycled spinach container full of parts and blocks, all counted and labelled, and ready for the next step.

It has been a fun project and I have learned a few new things. For example, we learned how to magically turn the two blocks at the top into the two "birds in the air" blocks at the bottom.


I have been playing with these "combination units" on the design wall and am intrigued by what we will be making with these blocks.  Maybe they will become a border? Or maybe some kind of pinwheel units? 

Who knows? Not me! It's a mystery!

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Judy's 


5 comments:

loulee said...

What ever the solution, you chose pretty colours to play with.

Dresden Quilter said...

The fabrics are gorgeous. I like all of the different possibilities for the blocks.

AnnieO said...

How fun--a new trick. I'm not good at guessing what will go where in a mystery either!

Sharon Kwilter said...

I look forward to seeing the design too.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

A mystery quilt is always fun. Ohh those fabrics are gorgeous! Have a great week.