Sunday, May 09, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Slow Sunday Stitching and Happy Mother's Day! We won't be spending mother's day like we have in the past since we are still trudging through our 3rd lockdown. There will be no family gatherings or special meals together.

But I will be able to see my Mom and I am so thankful for that. I will bring her flowers and blow her kisses from the doorway or have a little socially distant visit in the garage if it's not too cold.





I do hope you will be able to celebrate your mother today by visiting her, or talking with her on the phone or zoom. And if your mother has passed you can still honour and remember her today as you spend some time hand stitching.

I was finally able to locate the pattern for the embroidered girl on my March placemat. The pattern was posted on the Feeling Stitchy blog in 2012 and is called "little lemon slice".  You can still download the free pattern here. So cute!





This week I discovered a major error in my knitting. Somehow I missed a row and had to unravel back to where the needle is. It is quite  discouraging to undo so many stitches, but it had to be done since the top part of the cloth would be backwards. Oh well, I still have time to finish this for father's day in June, so that's what I'll be working on today...unravelling!

What are you hand stitching today? Please link up your blog or instagram post and share your projects with us.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

16 comments:

Kim said...

I am so sorry you will not be able to have a special Mother's Day luncheon with your mum. I hope it will not be too cold so that you can have a little visit. She will love your flowers and kisses from afar. That little girl stitchery is sweet. She brings to mind a touch of whimsy. Hope you enjoy a beautiful visit with your beautiful mum.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Have a lovely visit with your mom! I'm glad your parents are vaccinated.

Sarah said...

Hopefully this lockdown is working and you can soon hug your mum. Have a nice day

Ivani said...

Enjoy the visit with your mom, and Happy Mother's Day!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

We'll enjoy a Zoom call with my MIL who lives out of state. In the past we only talked on the phone, so having video chats has been the only good thing to come out of this pandemic. My mom passed 11 years ago and I miss her still.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope you get a social visit with your mom in and that it won't be too chilly. I lost mine some years ago now but have tons of memories

CathieJ said...

I hope you can enjoy a little time with your mom today. The lockdowns make everything so difficult. So sorry about the knitting mistake. At least it is a small item. Happy Mother's Day!

maggie fellow said...

I know a mom just wants to hear from you any way she can. happy mother's day

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so glad you can see your mom, even if it's not the way you really want. May this lockdown be successful, and be the final one! Have a wonderful Sunday, Kathy!

Karrin Hurd said...

Happy Mother's Day. Glad you will get to still see your mother even though it is socially distanced. My mother and MIL have been gone a long time now. I had to remove part of my knitting this week several times as I lost track multiple times.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your socially distant visit with your Mother, Kathy. That's definitely better than not being able to see her at all!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

So happy for you that you still have your Mother Kathy! Happy Mother's Day!

Sherrie said...

Hi Kathy,
I really like the little girl...I went and
downloaded it. Thanks for sharing where it
was. Have a great day!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Mother's Day . I am so happy that you were able to see your mom even though you had to distance. Hopefully the lockdown will be over soon. Sweet little embroidery stitch. Thank you for hosting the link party.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry about having to unravel.

Miaismine said...

Yuck...unraveling is the pits, but I bet by now you're almost finished with your dishcloth! Your precious Mama is beautiful!