Friday, May 14, 2021

Machine Quilting

On Monday I posted a photo of my quilt top for the Sister's Scrap Challenge. It has a lot of small pieces in it and I thought it needed to be heavily quilted to keep it flat.

I decided to quilt wavy lines on the diagonal with occasional loops, and circles around these fussy cut firework looking scraps. It's a fun quilting idea and I am enjoying the process.


No matter how hard you try to space the scraps, it is inevitable that there will be 2 of the exact same scraps ending up side by side. See the silver on white pieces... right close to each other.  I remind myself that "random" does not mean "equally spaced", but seriously why didn't I notice that when I was sewing the quilt top together?!?!


This is one of my favourite blocks in the quilt - a cute little ohio star. I quilted a little loop in the centre of the star. And the selvage edge beside the star says "Fabricville"... love it!



It has been fun to machine quilt this scrap collection. There are so many cute little pieces, such as the cat face on the red square - can you see her?

I better get quilting - this quilt has to be finished by the end of tomorrow to submit the photo before the deadline. I'm cutting it close!
Linking up to Free Motion Mavericks

7 comments:

Maggie said...

No quilt police, it is something which happens far more often than what we think. Your quilting and the quilt is looking amazing.

loulee said...

The matching fabrics happens often. I'm sure it happens to all of us. Frustrating but inevitable.
What a fun way to quilt a fun quilt.

Deanna W said...

Stop dilly dallying and get it done!!!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Deb A said...

No matter how much I arrange things I always get two same fabrics right next to each other. I figure they needed a friend near by!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, I really like your free motion quilting - your quilt is so lovely. If you get a chance, please consider linking up to Free Motion Mavericks - the party is open until late Tuesday night. Take care.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks last time. I just wanted to say that I've featured your quilt. Take care.