Monday, May 10, 2021

Quilt top on the design wall!


This weekend's sewing time was focused on finishing the Sister's Scrap Challenge quilt top. Just look at all of these seams to press... there's a lot of piecing in this project! This is how it looks on the wrong side.





Here is the quilt top from the right side. The green 4 patches on the corners are a little heavy handed, but that's what we're going with. I think it looks interesting and has a lot of movement. I'm thinking of quilting some wavy lines on the diagonal.


But first, the quilt has to be pin basted... that is well under way.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday

11 comments:

julieQ said...

OH I just love it! Perfect solution for your greens...just so much fun!

Jikke13 said...

I really love it, and I love the very challenge of being constrained by the scraps you got

Turid said...

This is a really fun quilt. I love every bit of it. Good luck on the quilting.

Janet O. said...

This may seem weird, but what comes to mind when I see this is all of the "space garbage" floating out there among the stars. I had read something about it once, and I found the link to what I think is the article. I don't mean this as an insult to your quilt. It could make a strong statement for the environment!! :)
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39521406

AnnieO said...

You turned this collection of orts into a soup worth enjoying! Great work. Love the Friendship Stars.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your quilt looks wonderful . There is a serene feel to it . Beautiful . Happy quilting

loulee said...

Wow! Beautiful. I'm in love with it.

Deanna W said...

I love the green corners. Makes me think of those little black triangle things that held photographs in album years ago. Well done and a finish is in sight!!

Nann said...

Yes, yes, YES! Great design.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What FUN, Kathy!!!

scraphappy said...

Yay for powering through! Heavy handed corners or not, lots of fun colors and shapes in that quilt. Best of all, it is almost done!