Monday, May 17, 2021

Design Wall Monday

We are half way through the Laundry Basket mystery quilt and it has been lots of fun. Every day for 2 weeks a new block pattern is posted. I am using up older, less loved fabrics and enjoying cutting and sewing with different fabric combinations each day.


These larger HSTs are from day #4. I made 8 of 2 different fabric combinations. 





Here are the blocks from step #1 to #5 on the design wall. We have sewed a total of 84 blocks so far.






Day #5 and #6 both included sewing smaller HST blocks. These are broken dishes blocks from day #6, again using 2 different fabric combinations.



Now I am putting these blocks away to clear the design wall for 6 more days of block sewing this week. They will wait patiently in a  recycled spinach container until all the blocks are completed. 

Hop over to Laundry Basket Quilts to see what we are sewing today!

Linking up to Design Wall Monday

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow--my brain can't begin to process keeping up with something like this, but it is looking great on your design wall! I will keep cheering you on. :)

AnnieO said...

I can tell how much you are loving these little blocks! Too small for me and I still haven't finished last year's mystery blocks :)
Enjoy filling the spinach container, lol

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I rarely ever make a mystery quilt and you do so many I am always afraid of what my color selections will be - that I will mess it up a lot!

sue s said...

From easy blocks will come a great pattern! I find I cannot do these block-every-day QALs, so I just watch.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

This is one that I might like so am downloading the patterns. I am on a mission to finish preparing 5 more blocks to complete A Bountiful Life ! By hook or crook! Hugs

Deanna W said...

Oh so tempting to join in but alas working to get other projects finished.