I finished putting the borders on the Super Bowl mystery quilt. I changed the layout slightly because I didn't have enough yellow or aqua left for the first border. I decided to complete the diamond shape in the first border and add a grey border.
You can see more variations of the Super Bowl mystery quilt here.
I used 2 fabrics in the grey border, and used the old HST trick to make it look like I mitered the corners, which I would never actually do because it makes me swear too much!
The finished size of the quilt top is 50" x 62" which is the perfect size for a donation quilt. But my daughter's best friend is having her second baby this year, so maybe I will finish it up for her.
We'll see what the quilt tells me once it's quilted! Linking up to Small Quilts