Sunday, September 15, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's Sunday and you know what that means... it's time for the weekly hand stitching party! We hope you will pick up your needles and thread or yarn and start making some stitches. 


I have been busy judging local fall fairs and have seen some beautiful hand stitching. Just look at these hand embroidery pillowcases with such a variety of designs. I have never seen anything like the one on the bottom right with the blue variegated crocheted skirt. Such a treat to see these treasures up close!

Today I'll be putting stitches into my own embroidery project.  I'm working on my Gail Pan "I Stitch" blocks from last year. I think I only have 3 or 4 more to stitch. I have chosen an odd variegated thread to make this house and look forward to seeing how it will turn out.

What are you hand stitching today? Please link up your blog or instagram post below and share your project with us.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

16 comments:

Jo said...

My mum use to crochet these crinoline ladies in white and stitch them on to the white lawn bowls cloths. They are lovely.

Gretchen Weaver said...

My mother used to have a pair of pillowcases with the crochet skirt, we never used them though, much too nice to be used on children's pillows. All of the pillowcases are lovely.

Kathy S. said...

Wow, what fun to be a judge! My mom also used to embroider pillow cases. My grandma used to embroider and stitch a lacy edge. Beautiful! I still have a few of them.

Sarah said...

Those pillowcases are beautiful. I love the little blue birds at the top. That does look like interesting thread for your next Gail Pan block!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Kathy, your scrappy Star quilt is a beauty but I can't say I approve of the use of a ladder and roof top for a photo. LOL But happy you are unscathed!
I had to look at these embroideries up close esp. that crocheted skirt. Amazing and I've never seen that before. Thanks for sharing.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

What beautiful hand work - I have never seen anything like the lady in the blue crochet dress! WOW!

Little Penpen said...

How fun and what an honor to be a judge for the fair entries. Those are all beautiful!

Deb A said...

How fun! My Mom and Grandma used to embroider things - mostly table scarves. I need to prep my Little Things embroidery.... the month is slipping away from me!

Karrin Hurd said...

How fun to be able to judge the fair entries. I can't wait to see how that thread of yours comes out

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have one set of pillowcases that I did, I really love them. I really need to make more. I love the bluebird one in your picture!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I hope to get started on my next needlework project soon!!

Angie in SoCal said...

My mom(93) still stitches these type of pillowcases. Every one loves them as gifts.

Kim said...

Oh my, all those pillowcases are so pretty, especially the sweet girl with the crochet dress. Just to think of all the love and hours that have gone into the stitching of each one. Happy hand stitching!

CathieJ said...

I have a old variegated thread like that that I inherited several years ago. Those pillowcases are very pretty. I had an aunt who used to send me embroidered pillowcases. Most of them have worn out now, but I saved the embroidery.

Deanna W said...

I got in a few stitches this evening while relaxing from my day. Soooo many pickles were made and tomorrow we are making sauerkraut!!

Faye said...

The pillow cases are amazing! Such talented people.

Your little house is going to look so cute