I have been working away on Kevin's mystery quilt called Sapphire Stars. Here are the latest finished blocks for step #5 up on the design wall.
First I cut all the background squares the wrong size. For a while I just could not believe I did that. I was clearly in denial!
The instructions clearly said
"cut squares 6 7/8", and then I went ahead and cut them 6 1/2". Why? I guess my brain just short circuited on me!
Once I calmed down, I had to re-cut all the squares using the correct measurement and then of course didn't have enough fabric. So I added in two more fat quarters that are light with green dots and I really like how those blocks look.
This is an interesting quilt with just these blocks on their own!
But somehow the above blocks are magically going to be sewn to these blocks to make a quilt design. I have no idea how all these units are going to fit together!
I have also been sewing a lot of HST blocks this past week for two other mystery quilts.
At the top are the HST blocks for step #3 of the Palmateer Point quiltalong. The brown fabric is shweshwe with a caramel coloured neutral. This quiltalong is a miniature and the next step will be posted today over at Humble Quilts.
And the 72 white and yellow HSTs are for the Magnolia Mystery. I am using up scraps from my Swoon quilt for this project and don't think I'll need to buy anything to make the lap sized version. New instructions come out once a month, so I'm ready for October's step which will be posted on Thursday.
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Small Quilts.