Sunday, October 07, 2012

Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Thanksgiving!
I feel so blessed to have my whole family together today to celebrate! There will be lots of visiting and game playing, laughing and eating. Not as much resting for the Aunties - we'll be trying to keep the teenagers fed, and trying to keep up with the pile of dishes most of the day. But I will be thankful for every moment.
I am sure that there will be some time for slow sunday stitching while drinking tea and chatting. I am continuing to work on my Garden Steps blocks. 
I decided I will stitch 9 of the 12 original blocks (leaving out #4, 9 and 12) which will give me a square wall hanging.

Seems kind of weird to be stitching these flower/spring blocks at the height of the fall, but I have been enjoying stitching them on the bus and was hoping to finish them all before I get out my Halloween project. Not sure I'm going to be able to wait on that!
What kind of hand work are you doing this week? 
Link up the blogpost about your hand stitching and your name will go into the draw for this charm pack. Thanks to everyone who linked up last week...what an inspiring list of projects we saw!

11 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy! That threw me for a loop for a minute LOL!!! What fun to have family around for celebrations! Thanksgiving is the only time we do that in my family anymore since Don and I live so far away. I hope you all have a wonderful visit and make some lovely memories! Love your stitcheries - will try to link up mine later today :*)

Béa said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy, XXX

Darlene said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Kathy. Enjoy your day.

Kate said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope have lots of laughs and smiles at your place today.

Love your spring blocks. I always like having spring like stuff to work on during cold rainy days we often get in the fall and winter.

barbara woods said...

happy thanksgiving kathy and much thanks for the help last sunday. blogger friends are the best!!

*karendianne. said...

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for sharing all your blessings. This was a lovely post and made me think back to my childhood and how all my aunts would be working in the kitchen. What lovely memories those are. You're stitching is so cute. Warmly, Karen

Kindred Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy! Best way to spend the day with family... cooking, eating, sewing, and making new memories!

Angie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm happy to be linking up with you this week - I have not time for hand stitching lately. Your spring flowers are so cute! I really would like to start an embroidery project - we have a shop here that focuses on embroidery projects and I just drool every time I visit!

Janet O. said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathy. My MIL is Canadian and comes from a large family. Wish we could all get together for celebrations like this, but everyone is so spread out.
Your little stitching is so cute. Looks so soft and delicate.

Andee said...

I am trying to get more hand sewing in, I really do enjoy it!

Sheila said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Love your sweet, delicate handwork.