Saturday, July 21, 2012

Scrappy Saturday

I finished sewing my 3 blue Knot blocks this week for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and can I tell you how much I love them?!?! These blocks cleared out a lot of little scraps and it was great fun arranging all the blue bits into 3 piles, and then working on the colour gradations. Once I sew next month's Knot block, I will have completed 9 Knots (you can see the first 4 Knots here) and I will show them all together on the design wall!
There is only one more blue Saturday Scrap posting (say what? we are almost done with blue?!?!) and I hope to finish a scrappy blue version of the "Red Herring" block.
Hop over to SoScrappy and see the other blue projects being made this week. 

14 comments:

  1. Those came out great Kathy! Love the bottom one - reminds me of the ocean on my honeymoon in St. Lucia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks Kathy and I have to admit that the 3rd one is my favorite too! I'm getting a little better at paper piecing so I'm definitely going to try your Herring block again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blue blocks! A happy breezy color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious. They exude a feeling of tranquility to me. Doesn't that sound deep? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look great! Looking forward to seeing them all together. Blue seems to have zoomed by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blue knot blocks. I like that you have sorted out the colours and made them flow. I know one more blue Saturday. I still have many blue scraps I could use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look great! Going to make up into a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see all of the knots together - this is such a fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to seeing all of your scrappy knots together in one quilt! Did you get my email about Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. I love your header too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blocks. Love the color graduations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blocks!! Will you show us the red herring blocks too???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blocks - I like the way you sorted your blues. I can't believe how quickly July is moving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty, I just came back from snorkeling and I want to dive right into your blocks.

    ReplyDelete