The UFO pulled for September is #11, which is a quilt top called Carnival made from a Flynn kit - click here to see it. It has been aging in my UFO closet for just over a year, while I considered the border decision. It was hard to pick a fabric, but I forced myself to decide since the deadline for finishing this quilt is exactly 2 weeks away! And since I already made over 300 decisions today judging at a local fall fair (selecting 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners in over 100 categories) making 1 or 2 more decisions seemed very easy!
Part of the process of moving a project from being a UFO toward becoming a finished quilt is completing the "4 big B jobs" - Border, Backing, Binding, & Basting. I went ahead and bought the border and backing fabric, matching thread and some extra basting pins. The rust is the backing fabric and the multi colour batik is the border and binding, which I just finished preparing.
Then I moved onto the border cutting and made a big mistake... I couldn't remember what size of strip I was cutting and I cut some strips 1" too small, and then didn't have enough fabric to recut the strips that were too small. Of course it was the end of a bolt purchase and I can't get more. So...the top and bottom borders are just going to be wider than the sides...such is life!!