Guess what?!?! I finished the Orange Crush quilt top! Woo hoo!
If you read this post, you know how much I dislike sewing borders! But I bribed myself and was able to finish the quilt top. The next Quiltville mystery will start in September so I had to get this one finished up since I will soon have to do back-so-school shopping and hair cuts for the kids, and also fit in a vacation, a visit to my sister's in Michigan, and a trip to the zoo for my son before September. Surprisingly, especially since there are a lot of pieced blocks on the edges, my measurements weren't too difficult to deal with. I measure across the middle and the two ends when cutting a border piece, and there was between 1/4" and 1/2" variance - quite good for a quilt this size and not a problem to ease in that amount over a long border. I made a small 1.5" black inner border and a 3.5" outer green border using up the leftover half-split 4 patch blocks in the corners. I ran out of the green fabric on the last border and had to piece in another fabric as you can see in the photo on the right. I wasn't worried about this - I don't think it's very noticeable.
And here is the finished quilt top! It was difficult to get a photo of the whole quilt since it is almost twice as large as my design wall. I taped it to the walls for the photo!