Sunday, September 29, 2013

Slow Down

Message from Nova Earth Serenity



Happy Slow Stitching Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm sewing today. 


Today I am hand quilting some stitches on my "Up, Up and Away" quilt, otherwise known as the "Accidental Quilt". I am quilting with four needles at a time across the quilt so that I don't have to move the hoop as frequently. As you can see I am almost half finished as I quilt the last rows on one end.


I am quilting approximately 1/4" from the seam line in the white triangles with pink and white threads. Why two thread colours? Because I was bored of stitching with white thread on white fabric, so I added the pink to keep my interest going. It's funny how I enjoy quilting the pink lines much more than the white ones... it's the same activity but adding colour makes stitching/life/everything more interesting!


The weather here has been glorious, warm and sunny and perfect fall weather, so I'll be stitching outside today. Pull up a chair and bring your stitching, and we'll spend some quality time relaxing and renewing our spirits.
Link up your blog post below and share with us what you are hand stitching on this glorious autumn Slow Stitching Sunday.

18 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is such a cheerful and happy looking quilt with the bright colors. I can understand getting bored..I cannot seem to stick with just one project at a time but have to have a few going on. The weather is wonderful here as well and I may do some hand quilting on a couch quilt for my son ( that I am bored with, lol! : ) but I am linking up something that I recently started. And it is SLOW going too! :) As in, it is taking longer than I thought it would but that is okay as it is quite enjoyable! :)

Ellen said...

Your quilt has beautiful summery look to it. What could be better than sitting in the sunshine and quilting!

Carol Swift said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love your quote, too. :O)

Judy D in WA said...

I love how you are quilting this. The pink thread makes it even more of a fun quilt.
Enjoy your sunshine!

Barb Neiwert said...

Your triangles look small - how big are they (hard to tell in photos)? I love this quilt. Scrappy quilts are the best. Enjoy the rest of the quilting, even the white stitches, lol.

audrey said...

It is fun to quilt with colored thread for sure! Love this quilt!

Kate said...

The pink looks great, but such tiny stitches. I'd never finish a quilt if I had to hand quilt them.

Lesley said...

Your quilt is so beautiful. Seeing it on the chair, hoop and all, makes me want to quilt, quilt, quilt! Thanks for sharing your quilt story!

Angie said...

The Accidental Quilt is so refreshing-looking! And I love your stitching setting - I can see why you'd be inspired to slow down and enjoy the outdoors along with your stitching!

Teresa in Music City said...

Your quilt is so colorful and pretty - it definitely needs some pink stitches :*) I'm outdoors today too, except I'm knitting. So thankful for glorious days!!!!

Cathy said...

Beautiful days here too to be outside but I think they will be ending soon. Love the accidental quilt. I had to examine up close. Sheesh the quilt I tried to hand quilt (and set aside probably forever or until I machine quilt it) looks like I basted it compared to your stitches!

Cyn said...

Wonderful quilt!
I want to grab a chair and go sit with you up in your blog header! It looks so pretty!
My SlowStitch today was a little bit of applique, but I guess that qualifies. lol

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your header photo is stunning! I love how you are quilting this one. Pink is always good with me.

margaret said...

a lovely quilt and what a good way to quilt without having to move the hoop so often. Will now look at the other ilnks you have shared with us

Jill said...

Love the bright colored triangles. A cheerful quilt!

Barb said...

going to be sooooo fabulous when you get it done

Barb said...

going to be sooooo fabulous when you get it done

Jan said...

Such a pretty quilt! It looks great in the header. Love the addition of the pink thread. I'll bet that this one is a joy to stitch.