Sunday, July 21, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! We hope you will pick up a needle and some threads, and join us as we relax and make some progress on our hand stitched treasures.


As you all know my favourite hand stitching project is binding a quilt. It's so relaxing, no thought required, it's a portable task, and it's the completion stage of a quilt! I had my super bowl mystery quilt called "Dancing in the Stars" machine quilted by guild friend Roxanne and she did a fabulous job. 


This week I finally got the binding made using some of the leftover pieces of the gold fabrics used to make the star blocks in the quilt. The binding is now attached to the quilt and today I will enjoy finishing the stitching on it. Can you see that pretty 8 pointed star in the quilting design? I think I might love this quilt too much to donate to the guild's comfort quilt collection!


There is also some cross stitch going on here. I have started my project for the "Stitches and Pages" group hosted by Katie the Novel Stitcher. The novel we are reading is "Funny Story" by Emily Henry, and we are choosing our own stitching project to work on that fits with the theme. I have started a design from the "Really Cross Stitch" book by Rayna Fahey. I enjoy so many of the designs in this book that it was hard to choose one. I am almost done stitching the 2nd rat. The next thing to stitch will be the words "Thanks Science". I guess my humour is a little bit sarcastic or maybe "tongue in cheek". 

My second project getting some attention is the Mini Strawberry Sampler by Pinker 'n Punkin quilting. Oh so sweet! I love the varigated red floss (called "Cayenne" by Weeks Dye Works) that I found in my stash for the berries .

So that's what my needles are working on here.

What are your needles making this week? Share you projects with us below!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Your latest strawberry cross stitch will make a nice addition to your blog header!. Enjoy your quilt binding.

Jenny said...

There's no doubt about it, hand stitching the binding down is my favourite part of the process too.

Kim said...

Enjoy stitching the binding on Dancing in the Stars quilt, Kathy. 'Tis a lovely quilt and the quilting enhances each block wonderfully. The little cross stitch of Melisa's design is sweet.

Kate said...

Congrats on the almost finish. Hand sewing the binding gives you a chance to enjoy the quilt one final time before it goes off to somewhere else. Happy stitching today, you have some fun projects in the works.

Angela said...

Great projects!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Cute little strawberry sampler! Always fun to sew the binding on! Happy stitching!

CathieJ said...

I enjoy sewing the binding of a quilt also. I like the golds you are using. Your cross-stitch pieces are really cute. Enjoy your stitching!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your strawberry piece, and that plague piece is hilarious! Thanks for this weekly motivation link up!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Dancing In the Stars looks amazing! Aaah the sweet quilted star- how cute! Both of your stitches look fabulous, Kathy. I am so very honored that you are stitching the Mini Strawberry Sampler. It is such a treat to see your progress. I wish you a lovely day and slow stitching. Hugs.