Sunday, July 14, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the weekly hand stitching link up! 

We are in the middle of summer here, and it has been a comfortably warm summer, with a few really hot days to keep the heat lovers happy, but also enough rain to keep the grass green which makes me happy.

I did get the baby quilt binding done in time for the shower. I loved the flannel backing picturing various dogs... it was so fun to stitch on by these sweet faces!

I had just finished cross stitching my goofy looking walrus from step 2 when the 3rd step was sent out for the Frosted Pumpkin's Arctic Animals SAL
I'm now ready to start stitching the caribou and am delighted that I haven't fallen behind in this SAL yet. I'm really looking forward to the puffins arriving and I wonder what step they will be? But the other creatures are welcome too and this has been such a fun project to work on.

What are you hand stitching this week? Are you participating in any stitch alongs? I would like to start the embroidery Christmas in July SAL with Joy this week, so I hope to fit that into my stitching schedule.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nothing like a deadline to motivate us to get a project done! That baby quilt backing is really cute as is the cross stitched walrus! Did you ever show us the front of the baby quilt? Happy stitching, Kathy!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That walrus is adorable! The Arctic Animals project looks like a very fun SAL. It's very hot in Colorado right now - I'm ready for it to cool down a bit. Enjoy your stitching today, Kathy!

CathieJ said...

That walrus is adorable. I really like the backing fabric you used for the baby quilt. Congrats on finishing it in time.

Angela said...

I LOVE your goofy walrus!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those dogs are adorable. Fun stitchery this week!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaah the little walrus is adorable. So glad you were able to complete the baby quilt. The backing fabric is precious. Enjoy your Sunday!

Deb said...

Oh goodness the Walrus is so darn cute.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love the walrus, and your header is beautiful!

Kate said...

That Walrus is so cute. Enjoy your summer and stitching.