Friday, July 05, 2024

Quilting Adventures

It's time for the July Shop Hop in southern Ontario, Canada. There are 13 stores to visit this year and there are great prizes to be won if you get your passport stamped at each of the stores.



Also...at each shop you get a free block pattern and the fabric to make their block. Just look at the effort that went into making this sweet package! I greyed out the colours so I don't ruin the surprise of the theme for this year's project. But wow I am so impressed with this event and have visited 5 shops so far. Great summer fun! 


Of course I am making a few purchases along the way! I bought 2 of these fun kits to make a Canada Day pillow at Ye Olde Fabric Shoppe. A friend has a red Adirondack chair on her porch that needs one of these pillows, so I'll make one for her and one for me! At the end of the month I will share more about this adventure.

One of my favourite things to do on shop hop is to notice all the vintage machines they have on display. Look at this "Peerless" from New White  seen at  Heart 'n Home Creations! The decals are so beautiful! 

Are you going on a shop hop this summer?

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

i have never done a shop hop mainly as i didn't need to be tempted....lol...but i have heard from many they are fun indeed.... i did sell raffle tickets at a shop that was in a hop and it was fun to meet so many quilters

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I skipped our shop hop this year, just too much driving and too hot. I do not need another yard of fabric, LOL!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, that sounds like a lot of fun. I've been on a few shop hops in the past and they are a lot of fun. They often have them in the Ottawa area. Unfortunately I don't have the self control to not buy too much and my budget won't let me! Have fun :-)