Monday, July 22, 2024

Design Wall Monday

Can you believe I am writing a Monday blog post?

I have been so busy this summer I hardly have had time to blog at all! I have been able to stick to my Sunday routine, but my other fun stitching has not had any blog attention!

I am working on a secret wedding quilt that I want the bride and groom to see first and haven't posted about it yet. It has been on the design wall for way too long while I fret about the math!

And I have started 2 mystery quilts this month - one through the Fat Quarter Shop and one through my local quilt guild.

I ordered the fabric kit for the Fat Quarter Shop mystery and paid for it mid June, but it never arrived. After the mystery started I contacted them and they sent out another package to me, which arrived on July 16th. And wouldn't you know it, the original parcel posted on June 14th magically arrived the next day?!? So I will send the second one back to them since I only paid for one.

So now I am scrambling to catch up with the mystery and they have posted the first 3 parts. I have only finished part 1 which is this pretty block. I have step #2 cut and ready to sew and hope to catch up this week.

And here are some blocks for the guild mystery quilt that I am making from a fabric kit coordinated by the outreach committee at my quilt. There are billions of HST blocks, so I'm trying to catch up with that also.

(The wedding quilt is underneath the mystery quilt blocks! LOL)

Linking to Judy's Design Wall Monday party

7 comments:

Jeanna said...

Beautiful blocks, Kathy. You'll catch up on the FQS mystery quilt in no time. I look forward to seeing the secret quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We're so glad you continue the Sunday Slow Stitching posts, but it's also fun to see what else you're working on! The first mystery block is definitely a pretty one. So glad you got the fabric finally!

Sara said...

The FQS mystery will be easy to catch up with. I've been trying to use some of my stash and scraps for the mystery. The kit fabrics are really pretty however.

Mary said...

I am catching up with the FQS Christmas in July project too. Our LQS had the fabric line so I could buy it locally. Nice to see your post!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Ooooh I just love these blocks, Kathy!

Kat Scribner said...

I've been watching how the Christmas Star QAL is progressing and now I'm ready to jump in ! lOVE IT

Kate said...

That Christmas Star is really pretty. Yours is the second I've seen, now I'm so tempted to jump in. I have lots of Christmas fabric uncovered during my recent sewing room re-org. Happy stitching, you definitely have some fun projects in the works.