Saturday, March 26, 2022

Scrappy Saturday


Some yellow stitching has been going on in the quilt studio this week. I cut all these little pieces to make a 6" sewing machine block. I used the free Fat Quarter Shop pattern. I love my Alphabitties which help me to keep all these pieces organized.


Here is my yellow sewing machine. But wait. I cut one of the pieces incorrectly and it really bugged me. Do you see how the fabric print is wrong where the arrow is pointing.  I tried so hard to have all the pieces oriented the same way. Seam ripper time!


Here is my sewing machine block collection on the design wall, including the freshly repaired yellow machine. Oh now I notice that the green machine has the same problem... UGH!

Note to self: Do not pick directional fabric for sewing machine blocks!

10 comments:

Sara said...

I had the same issues with directional fabric on a QOV block I made this week. But I'm trying NOT to take it apart and change it. I buried it in the block pile hoping that if it's not on top I'll forget to fix it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I would never have said that was a directional print until you showed us the "fixed" block. Such cute sewing machines - love them in every color.

Chantal said...

You are making a beautiful herd of sewing machines. I wouldn't have bothered with that print as the direction is not as striking as other prints can be but I completely understand how nagging a piece of fabric can be. You did what was best for you and that's what we have to do. Great job! ;^)

scraphappy said...

Your sewing machine collection is growing nicely. I would never notice the directionality of those fabrics. Even with the arrow pointing it out, everything looks fine to me.

Janet O. said...

You are more diligent than I would have been. Neither of the blocks is a glaringly directional fabric, IMHO. I would have lived with it--but then, it's not my quilt. And so much for my claim to being a perfectionist. :)

ButterZ said...

They all look great

Dorothy L. Wills said...

I had a very hard time finding the turned fabric. I would have left it lol. I don't get along with the seam ripper!

sandi s said...

Your sewing machines are all so cute! Hugs,

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL! OCD much, Kathy? That change in print direction wouldn't bother me in the least. It took a while for me to notice... even after you pointed it out!

Jenny said...

That's a good tip for yourself. But honestly, I couldnt see the problem, but then you are up close while you are stitching. The sewing machines look great, it's a nice pattern.