Monday, March 21, 2022

Design Wall Monday

Happy Spring!
Buttermilk Basin hosted a mini mystery this weekend called March into Spring.  It was an unexpected pleasure for my weekend. Step #1 was sewing these sunny flower blocks. I found 5 different yellows in the scrap box.



Step #2 put one of the flowers inside a sawtooth star block. I used some scraps of green instead of blue which the pattern suggested.





Step #3 was a larger sawtooth block with the 4 flowers as corner blocks. So fun!

I really enjoyed sewing this serendipitous little project and plan to hand quilt it this week.

Linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday 

7 comments:

Nann said...

Spring flowers brighten our days -- indoors and out!

Bonnie said...

Very cute and obviously quick and easy.

Carol Swift said...

You've used beautiful colors that make this so sweet...love it!

swooze said...

Sew cute! Love your layout. Thanks for leading me to this sewalong.

time4stitchn said...

Very cute. Love the flowers and the setting. I wish I had found this earlier. Oh, well.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, fun, Kathy!!

Kate said...

Very cute! A nice weekend mystery.