Monday, January 20, 2020

It's all about Frolic!

I was so excited about step #9 of the Frolic Mystery quilt posted last friday. It turned out to be the layout reveal and it's a gorgeous quilt!

Frolic steps #1 - #8

The first 8 steps involved A LOT of sewing.
Here was my Frolic collection of pieces, parts, and blocks that will somehow become a quilt top. 

It's like a giant complicated fabric puzzle! 

Sewing Frolic blocks on Elsie 1951 featherweight

There was a ton of cutting and sewing to do before blocks could even be started, but I went ahead and sewed a block together to put on the design wall to keep me motivated to keep going on this mammoth project. 

It was so pretty I had to keep going!


I finished 4 blocks this weekend, and am slowly sewing the border HSTs together as leader/enders. I love my fabric combination and am enjoying working on these blocks so much that I don't want to go to work this week! 

Linking up to Small Quilts and... going to work anyway!

10 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Such pretty blocks! Your colors look great together!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the block and the color combo you chose. I saved the pattern and hope to make it later in the year or next year maybe?

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very VERY pretty Kathy - you amaze me when you select colors for the mystery quilts! Maybe 2021 I will try one! In the blind!

Deanna W said...

They are coming along. I am working on my pieces so no blocks as yet. But I am hoping to have one together after a day of sewing today!Must also prepare stuff for a demo I am doing at guild tomorrow on hand quilting.

ButterZ said...

It is a lovely quilt. I have stalled on all the flying geese. Love seeing your progress photos.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your colors for Frolic--it's going to be a lovely quilt!

Ramona said...

Your color combination for Frolic is beautiful. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Your new blocks are coming together very nicely--nice colors--bet you can't wait to see it all finished--
luv, di

Chantal said...

I know that feeling very well, not wanting to go to work because the design wall is begging you to stay with it. I've been there. I can totally understand too because your blocks are darlings. ;^)

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Hopefully you can daydream about it at work! It's a terrific quilt and works so well with the colors you chose. It's been many years since I've done a mystery quilt.