Saturday, October 26, 2019

Scrappy Saturday

It's time for the weekly rainbow scrap update. 
FNSI with Barb and Sandy
Last night was "Friday Night Sewin In" and here are a couple of us sending an instagram photo to another group of quilters sewing in different city. Sew fun!

Sandy brought me a collection of little grey triangles that she rescued for the guild orphan box, and half of them are a print with tiny little dogs.  
So I had to make 2 fun Shoo Fly blocks.


Can you see the dogs in the little triangles? So cute!
There are lots of grey fabrics in the sewing room right now from working on the Modern Alphabet paper piecing baby quilt. So I "whipped up" (over the course of a few hours!) 4 grey Economy Path blocks (free pattern here). 


This is not a good photo and was taken late at night, but here are all the Economy Path blocks made so far.
That's a lot of sewing over the course of the year, and it's still a very small quilt about 18" x 24"! I'm working on the brown scraps today and hope to finish another set of 4 blocks.

Hop over to the weekly Rainbow Scrap Challenge linkup to see more scrappy projects.

11 comments:

Cathy said...

I love the puppy shoe fly blocks. Looks like you had a good time. Hugs

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am waiting for a few small bundles of fabric and then I will finish up my RSC scrappy stars - I have not touched it in ages and really need to get this one done I think and off the wall!

Cathy said...

Cute Shoo Puppy blocks! The four brown blocks will finish off that quilt perfectly!

Janet O. said...

Wow--tiny doggy triangles!
That is one sweet little quilt emerging in the economy blocks. Will the brown be the end of it, or do you plan to expand it?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's so fun to play with little scrappy bits! Your Economy Path blocks are a favorite of mine - they're on my list to try!

Deb A said...

Great Economy blocks. Love them in grey. The dogs in the fabrics peeking out on the shoo fly's are great.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like these economy patch blocks.

Kathy S. said...

The tiny dogs are SEW cute!

Susie H said...

Always so much fun when sewing with friends, near AND far! Lol! Your Economy blocks are beautiful. Great choice for the RSC!

Cathy said...

Looks like you are having fun with those Shoo Fly blocks. Darn...I might have to join in that fun one of these days.

The Joyful Quilter said...

It looks like you and your friends were having SEW much fun @ Friday Night Sew-In!!!