Saturday, June 15, 2019

Quilt Canada


Quilt Canada has come and gone for another year, and I didn't even write one blog post yet! It has been so busy, that sleeping has been an optional item on the agenda. 

Libs lecture

I'm in Ottawa with my friend Debby and here is our attempt at a selfie at the Libs Elliott lecture. It was so fun to be here, to celebrate our birthdays, to learn new things, visit with quilting friends, and be inspired by incredible quilts, 

There were so many unbelievable prize winning quilts - you can see them at the CQA juried show webpage. My favourite quilt is called "To The Nines" and features hundreds of tiny 9 patch blocks (which according to the CQA facebook page won the viewer's choice award!)

Janome booth at Merchant Mall entrance




And what can I say about the Merchant Mall?  It was a bit overwhelming to see all the new sewing machines, fabric, and quilting accoutrements.







When I return home, I will write more about the 2 new UFOs I started in classes here, but just look at these fun pieces that I've been working on. All I can say now is ...
english paper piecing is not as easy as you think!

3 comments:

Lisa J. said...

You look like you are having a lot of fun. If Quilt Canada comes closer to us again one day maybe I will go.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

The EPP looks like fun! Wish I lived somewhere close to a big quilt event!

Deanna W said...

So jealous!! I missed out on Quilt Canada this year....cannot wait to see what all you did.