Saturday, April 20, 2019

Scrappy Saturday Doughnuts

Aqua Doughnuts
A few teal scraps were sewn into blocks this week. This RSC block project was inspired by the Temecula Quilts One Block Wednesday sew along. I don't know what they are actually calling this block, but it looks like a doughnut to me, so that's what I'm calling it! The project uses up the 1.5" scraps. It's fun to look at these blocks and remember which quilts the scraps came from.

I started this RSC block collection in January, so now there are 4 months worth of blocks. These blocks aren't sewn together yet because I'm not sure how they will be in the final layout. This is how they will look in colour blocks and you can click here to see how they looked last month in diagonal colour lines. I won't decide about the layout until I have many more blocks to play with.

aqua diamond block

And here's a sneak peak of my project for the Be A Diamond blog hop happening next week. I hope you can stop by and see my project on Monday. Linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge weekly party.

13 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Donuts sound good to me!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I just love all the rainbow projects you are working on - seeing yours especially is what led me to join in the challenge this year

Deanna W said...

Hmm...donuts maybe you are craving something...more fabric!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how our block collections change each month with the addition of the new color. Your doughnuts are looking great!

quiltingbydawn said...

Great looking scrappy donuts!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I think they can be called donuts and yours look great! I looked the block up a while back in the Barbara Brackman block encyclopedia and it was originally called The Wishing Ring. Donuts is easier though--lol!

Louise said...

In the words of the great Homer Simpson, "Mmmmmm! Donuts!"

Julierose said...

Luscious doughnuts--I really like that previous diagonal setting...hugs, Julierose

Sarah said...

That looks a fun block. It's going to be interesting to see how you end up laying this one out!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Because you didn't get enough of those Alamo Stars?!?!?! Thanks for the heads up about the Blog Hop.

Cathy said...

Your doughnuts are delightful. I love that color block setting. But really, you’ve got great scraps and I don’t think you could go wrong with any setting!

Susie H said...

Beautiful doughnuts! They're going to make a delicious quilt!

Cathy said...

Doughnuts sound good to me. I think Temecula called them Cathedral Window Hexagons. I've seen others calling them other things. I've been making them too and think I'll call them Wishing Rings since Karen mentioned that in her comment.